1.Your lesson will be held at the same time each week, just like if you were attending in person at Living Music. Parents and students are responsible for remembering their lesson time-slot each week.
TIP: We recommend setting a lesson reminder in your phone or adding it to your family calendar.
2. Before your first lesson, you’ll receive an email from us containing your teacher’s Personal Meeting ID (PMI) and a link to their meeting room. Please save this information in your phone, on your calendar or write it down somewhere safe, as you will need this number and link to access your teacher’s meeting room each week.
3. Now that you have your teacher's PMI, you can join their waiting room using the link provided in your confirmation email.
TIP: You can download the Zoom app on your device, however the app is not required to join a meeting.
4. Skip to Step 5 if using the Zoom app. If viewing the link in your browser, it will prompt you to download or run a Zoom file. Follow the prompts to do so.
5. Once you enter the teacher’s waiting room, you can test your microphone and camera settings. We recommend making sure your microphone is working and that your video is working and well-lit.
TIP: We highly recommend joining your teacher’s meeting room at least 10 minutes before the beginning of your lesson so you can test your settings, ensure everything is working smoothly, tune your instrument etc.
6. When it is time for your lesson to begin, your teacher will admit you to their meeting room and your lesson will begin.