Tuition Update: Information About Zoom Online Lessons
Firstly, thanks so much for your patience and understanding while we have been working on getting online lessons up and running. I'm pleased to confirm we will be using the ZOOM platform to run our online lessons this term. Many of you will already be familiar with this platform, or will have heard of it.
Lessons kick off this Monday, April 20th.
Using Zoom is incredibly simple. Please keep reading for step by step instructions on how to access your scheduled lesson each week using Zoom.
SETTING UP ZOOM FOR MUSIC LESSONS (FOR STUDENTS)
- Your lesson will be held at the same time each week, just like if you were attending in person at Living Music. Parents and students are responsible for remembering their lesson timeslot each week.
TIP: We recommend setting a lesson reminder in your phone or adding it to your family calendar.
- Before your first lesson, you’ll receive an email from us containing your teacher’s Personal Meeting ID (PMI) and a link to their meeting room. Please save this information in your phone, on your calendar or write it down somewhere safe, as you will need this number and link to access your teacher’s meeting room each week.
- Now that you have your teacher's PMI, you can join their waiting room using the link provided in your confirmation email.
TIP: You can download the Zoom app on your device, however the app is not required to join a meeting.
- If viewing the link in your browser, it will prompt you to download or run a Zoom file. Follow the prompts to do so. Skip to Step 5 if using the Zoom app.
- Once you enter the teacher’s waiting room, you can test your microphone and camera settings. We recommend making sure your microphone is working and that your video is working and well-lit.
TIP: We highly recommend joining your teacher’s meeting room at least 10 minutes before the beginning of your lesson so you can test your settings, ensure everything is working smoothly, tune your instrument etc.
- When it is time for your lesson to begin, your teacher will admit you to their meeting room and your lesson will begin.
If you have any issues setting this up, DON'T STRESS, please give me a call on (03) 9434-7767 and I will walk you through the steps.
As mentioned above, you will receive an email from me soon containing:
- Details of your teacher's specific Personal Meeting ID (PMI) and a link to their meeting room,
- A consent waiver for online lessons which must be signed and returned before your first lesson,
- And an invoice for your Term 2 lessons.
Please keep an eye on your inbox for this information in the coming days.
If you have not yet confirmed your Term 2 timeslot please contact me as soon as possible.
As always, if you have any questions feel free to call me on (03) 9434-7767 or email me at email@example.com.
- Living Music