IMPORTANT UPDATE RE: Term 3 Music Lessons & Stage 3 Restrictions
I hope you’re keeping well and have enjoyed the school holiday break.
For the first six weeks of Term 3, beginning Monday July 13th, all music lessons will be run online using ZOOM. As we approach the end of this six week period on August 19th, we will reassess and decide if face to face lessons are able to resume or whether online ZOOM lessons will continue for the remainder of Term 3.
This is in response to the Victorian government’s announcement that metropolitan Melbourne will be placed back under Stage 3 restrictions from midnight tonight, July 8th.
Vic Gov information: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/updated-restrictions-1159pm-wednesday-8-july-covid-19
PLEASE NOTE: Term will still kick off this Monday, July 13th, despite the government’s extension of the school holidays.
If you have any issues setting up ZOOM, DON'T STRESS, please give me a call on (03) 9434-7767 and I will walk you through the steps.
I am always here to help and answer any questions you may have, so please don't hesitate to contact me!
SETTING UP ZOOM FOR MUSIC LESSONS (FOR STUDENTS)
Please visit THIS LINK to view the step-by-step instructions of how to access your weekly ZOOM lesson.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW FOR ZOOM LESSONS:
We ask you to ensure that you have the following ready to go for remote learning in Term 3:
- A quiet space at home for you to have your lesson where you will not be interrupted by family, partners or housemates during lessons,
- A laptop or tablet with a built-in camera OR a webcam that can be hooked up to your computer (smart phones may be used but are not recommended due to the small screen size),
- Your required musical instrument and equipment (ie guitar and amp, piano or keyboard etc),
- A stable, reliable internet connection.
Our absence policy remains the same in Term 3. To be eligible for a catch up lesson, the Living Music Tuition Coordinator (not your teacher) must still receive notice that you are unable to attend before 12pm (9:30am on Saturdays) on the day of your lesson. Notice by phone or email is fine.
You will receive an email from me soon containing:
- Confirmation of your time slot and teacher,
- Details of your teacher's specific Personal Meeting ID (PMI) and a link to their meeting room,
- And an invoice for your Term 3 lessons.
Please keep an eye on your inbox for this information in the coming days.
If you have not yet confirmed your Term 3 timeslot please contact me as soon as possible.
Thanks again for all your cooperation and patience during these crazy times, it’s hugely appreciated.
As always, if you have any questions feel free to call me on (03) 9434-7767 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Living Music